vMix 23 released in BETA
vMix is very close to releasing the next production version of the software…vMix 23. As usual it is released as a oreview or Beta to allow early adopter to review and report issues. If you want to test it out head to the vMix forums. (forums.vmix.com).
New Features and Changes
* SRT In and Out
SRT – Secure Reliable Transport is a point to point protocol for fixed latency streams over an unreliable internet.
vMix supports multiple inputs (Stream Input) and up to 4 outputs in vMix 4K and Pro (1 output in all other editions).
Uses GPU acceleration where possible for H264 and HEVC streams. 2 stream PC encode limit applies on GeForce cards, CPU fallback available where not available on the GPU.
* More Audio Buses
A-B audio buses expanded to A-G for a total of 14 channels of audio (7x 2 channel pairs)
Audio buses can be routed to Master to use as groups by selecting the new M button in the audio mixer.
SRT supports up to 8 channels audio in or out. Magewell, AJA and Blackmagic support up to 8.
vMix AVI supports full 16 channel audio recording. (Master + A-G)
* Mix Input (4K and Pro only)
Add a “mini mixer” input to vMix with a dedicated Preview/Output bus, Cut button and Fade button.
Existing shortcuts can be used with a new “Mix” dropdown option to select from 1-4 where 1= main mix, 2= first mix input and so on.
Mix inputs support “re-entry” and can be used as Input MultiView sources without any latency.
* vMix Media Converter
Bulk transcoding utility to convert vMix AVI into ProRes compatible MOV files for use in video editors such as Final Cut Pro and Davinci Resolve.
* GT Text Bounding
Link rectangles, images and other GT elements to Text fields set to auto width and/or height.
This allows these elements to match the size of the text with an optional padding value on each side.
* NDI 4
NDI 4.0 support included with ability to record with zero CPU in MultiCorder to MOV and also playback these new MOV files directly from vMix.
* Added option to select either Output 1 or Output 2 for each stream through the Streaming Quality window.
* Facebook destination can now be used alongside other providers due to Facebook policy change.
* Improved codec support for video playback.
* Web Controller authentication support.
* Added ability to select a Row for each text field now in Data Sources.
* Added 2x zoom option to Vectorscope.
* Added Mixer and Lightcast streaming providers to Destination dropdown.
* Added Unselect All option when opening a Preset.
* Updated web browser input to V77 of Chrome. Older version still selectable from downdown for compatibility.